Female sexual dysfunction has been a common problem these days. Because of the complexities of everyday life plus pressure both from work and at home, most women would rather spend their night sleeping than being intimate with their husbands. If you are one of the many women who have a low sex drive, then don’t feel bad. Low female libido is not a life-and-death condition and can be treated.
Here are some of the reasons for lack of sex drive in women.
Causes of Low Female Libido:
[adsanity id=”67818″ align=”aligncenter” /]
Low female libido is a type of condition wherein women feel pain and are not able to experience pleasure during sexual activity. Female sexual dysfunction
is not an isolated incident. In fact, an approximately 1 out of 4 women are unable to achieve orgasm
. Lack of sex drive can be caused by different factors. Here are some of the things that can cause your lack of interest in sex.
- Aging. One of the primary causes of lack of sex drive in women is the age. Naturally, sexual drive declines based on physiological factors. And the perimenopausal and menopausal stage may be stressful for most women due to the changes in the body.
- Stress. If you have been under stress lately, then don’t be surprised when sex is not on top of your list. Stress is one of the most common sex drive stealers that suck the energy from your body.
- Illness. When you’re sick, all you can think of is how to get better fast, not to get intimate with your partner while worrying about cough and colds. Also, more serious illnesses like cancer or diabetes can also rob women of their desire to have sex.
- Medication. Whether it is prescribed by doctors or bought over-the-counter, there are certain drugs that can affect your sexual mood. Antidepressants, birth control pills and drugs for hypertension are some medications that results to low sex drive in women.
- Lack of self confidence. If you don’t love yourself and your body, then who else will? Being uncomfortable with your self can slow down sexual acts because you tend to hide your body to your partner. But if you feel good about yourself and how you look, the confidence you have will have a positive effect on your sexual mood.
- Major life changes. A breakup, loss of a job, or transferring from one house to another does affect the sex life. Even having a new baby can put your sex drive in the first gear because the little one is constantly demanding for your attention. No matter how good or bad the changes may be, lifestyle changes can be stressful which will then show in your lack of mood for sex.
- Relationship issues. Anger, prolonged fights and lack of emotional connection with your partner might be the reason why you are not having sex. Keep in mind that any tension or a feeling of unhappiness in the relationship will show up in your sex life.
- Depression. Just like stress, depression is also one of the reasons for low female libido. Being in a depressed state especially for prolonged periods will greatly affect your appetite for sex.
- History of sexual abuse. Sadly, sexual abuse has been common in almost all parts of the world. If you had a history of abuse when you were younger, there is a chance that you developed trauma over sex. As a result, you would not want to be intimate because of fear that the abuse might happen again.
- Society. The society will always have their take on what is good or bad in terms of sexual behaviour. This will then affect one’s feelings and perception about sex. If you have a certain preference but your culture dictates otherwise, this can cause you anxiety and will then translate physically in the body.
How to Address Low Sex Drive in Women
Treating low female libido can be done in many ways. You can try therapy, exercise or de-stressing once in a while. However, one of the most effective ways to do this is by trying herbal supplements. There are a few trusted pills that can help address the low sex drive in women. This type of pills are made of herbs
and natural ingredients such as dong quai, ginkgo biloba, hops
and horny goat weed that are proven to improve sex drive among women.
An example is HerSolution
. It is a natural women’s libido supplement that can help you not just to want sex but to actually enjoy it. It contains a precise blend of herbs, nutrients and aphrodisiacs that can correct any imbalances in your body. And you don’t have to worry about side effects because HerSolution is recommended by doctors and very safe to use.
Please follow and like us: