Having a child is one of the most priceless moments in every woman’s life. While the newest bundle of joy can bring more meaning to your life, there is one aspect of in your marital life that will take a break: sex.
Post-pregnancy is one of the stages where women will experience low libido. But before you feel depressed, here are some things you need to know about post-pregnancy and some tips in increasing female libido after pregnancy.
Low Libido After Pregnancy
Most doctors will say that it’s safe to have sex six weeks after you give birth. However, a lot of women feel that they are not ready even after the sixth week. If you’re one of them, don’t worry. Low sex drive after childbirth is perfectly normal. Here’s why.
- It’s the baby. All newborns have different sleeping patterns. Oftentimes, new mothers are preoccupied with their baby which makes them less interested in sex. Also, taking care of the baby can be exhausting and time consuming that they prefer to get some rest and sleep.
- Hormonal changes. If you are a breastfeeding mom, then having sex might be the last on your list. This is because nursing your child can release hormones that suppress your libido which makes you crave less for sex.
- Fear of pregnancy. Having a child can be challenging. More so when you have two babies to take care of. As a result, some women fear sex thinking that they will get pregnant again.
- Low self confidence. Both pregnancy and childbirth have significant effects on a woman’s body. This can worry women because they don’t feel sexy. At the same time, women feel that they won’t be able to please their partners due to vaginal changes after childbirth.
- Baby blues or post partum depression. No one knows why but either of the two can cause a decrease in sex drive. This type of depression results to an emotional state where women are no longer interested to have sex with their partners.
Seven Tips to Increase Female Libido After Giving Birth
Despite what was mentioned, there are still ways to increase female sex drive after having a child. To help you get back on track, here are some tips in increasing your libido after baby.
- Pay attention to yourself first. You will never get your drive back unless you feel good about yourself. Therefore, take some time and don’t rush yourself in having sex with your partner. Do some things that you love and get that well-deserved break. Carrying the baby for 9 months and taking care of him can be really exhausting.
- Learn how to deal with fatigue. One of the causes of low libido after pregnancy is fatigue. Hence, deal with it first. If you’re tired, get some sleep when the baby is asleep. You can also ask for help so you can give your body a rest too. Being sleep deprived will never make you in the mood.
- It’s not all about sex. If you’re not yet ready, there are many ways to get intimate with your husband. Kiss and cuddle before you sleep, give each other a massage or say something sweet in a random manner. This can definitely make a difference and you won’t notice that those little gestures can get you back in the mood.
- Don’t pressure yourself. If the sixth week mark has passed, don’t rush in just to please your partner. If you’re not ready, then so what? Talk to your partner about your sexual issues and reassure him that the lack of sex drive doesn’t mean you’re no longer attracted to him.
- Pump it up. Did you know that exercise can make you feel more ready for sex? If you went through normal delivery and with no complications, you can do simple exercises as soon as you hit the sixth week mark. Exercise can pump your blood and your heart rate up which can help bring your libido back.
- Use a supplement. Enhancement pills that are made of natural herbs can help address your low sex drive after childbirth. Try taking HerSolution. It is a doctor-recommended enhancement pill that is proven to correct any hormonal imbalances and bring back your appetite for sex. There are no unpleasant side effects because the pill is made of natural ingredients,. Rather, it boosts your sex drive and increases the sensation in your genital area.
- Reconnect with your partner. Everything will revolve around your baby but that doesn’t mean you should forget your obligations to your husband. Go on a date, do something different or try out a new restaurant. Whatever it is, the important thing is to spend some together as a couple, not just as ‘mom’ and ‘dad.’ This can really make a difference.
Having a baby should not stop you from being intimate with your partner. Give it some time and take the pressure of yourself. If you need a little boost, try HerSolution. It is safe and effective in increasing female libido after pregnancy.
Please follow and like us: