Women who have trouble becoming sexually aroused may have a sexual health condition called female sexual arousal disorder.
The common symptoms of this sexual disorder include a lack of sex drive and difficulty experiencing the physical sensations of sexual arousal.
Female sexual arousal disorder is curable and you should take some time to discuss the issue with your doctor.
[adsanity id=”67818″ align=”aligncenter” /]
There are many causes that can lead to female sexual arousal disorder. So, before making a consultation with your doctor, you should find out what could be the cause of your sexual disorder so that you can help your doctor resolve the condition effectively.
What Should You Know About Female Sexual Arousal Disorder?
Medically, female sexual arousal disorder is defined as a condition in which a woman experiences a lack of genital swelling and lubrication before and during sexual intimacy.
Normally, during the course of sexual intimacy, the flow of blood increases towards the woman’s genitals, which in turn causes the vaginal wall and labia to swell. Also, it lubricates the vagina and makes it bigger in order to accommodate a penis.
The brain plays a key role during female sexual arousal
. Several types of hormones and neurotransmitters are released during lovemaking
that allow the blood to flow towards the genitals to help women become aroused.
such as dopamine and serotonin
are released when a woman is sexually stimulated
It is a complex phenomenon, which makes female sexual arousal disorder a daunting condition to treat.
Female sexual arousal disorder can be classified into 3 types:
- Genital Arousal Disorder: This type of sexual disorder occurs when a woman has feelings of pleasure in her mind, but she still experiences a lack of swelling in the genital areas, vaginal dryness, lack of lubrication in the vagina and reduced physical sensation of genital tingling and warmth.
- Subjective Arousal Disorder: This type of sexual disorder occurs during sexual stimulation, when a women experiences genital response such as swelling and lubrication, but does not feel sexual mental awareness.
- Combined Arousal Disorder: This type of sexual disorder occurs when a woman lacks both mental and genital response during sexual stimulation.
What Causes Female Sexual Arousal Disorder?
There are both physical and psychological causes of female sexual arousal dysfunction, with both of these causes overlapping in most cases.
As far as women are concerned, their mental state is directly linked to their sex drive. Going through tough times can emotionally as well as sexually drain them.
- Causes of Genital Arousal Disorder
Genital arousal disorder is caused by peripheral neuropathy and decrease/loss of genital sensation.
Prolonged Illnesses such as multiple sclerosis, kidney disease, thyroid disease, high blood pressure, vascular disease and diabetes are some of the common causes.
Any health condition that causes physical fatigue diminishes women’s interest in sexual activities.
- Causes Of Genital And Subjective Arousal Disorder
Both genital and subjective female sexual arousal disorders can be caused by:
- Depression: Psychological issues such as stress, depression, fatigue, a strained relationship, sexual abuse and depression cause a reduction in sex drive.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Menopause and childbirth cause an imbalance of hormones and decrease women’s sex drive.
Menopause also causes the lining of the vagina to become thin and dry because of the low amounts of estrogen. This reduces women’s ability to become sexually aroused during stimulation.
- Medications: Certain medicines such as birth control pills, antidepressants, antihypertensives and sedatives can cause sexual dysfunction.
- Relationship Problems: A strained relationship is one of the major causes of upheaval in the sexual relationship between partners.
What Are The Treatment Options For Female Sexual Arousal Disorder?
In order to treat female sexual arousal disorder, there needs to be a better understanding of its causes.
A woman experiencing sexual arousal dysfunction should be treated by a doctor who is an expert in the field of sexual health.
The doctor will examine the woman and carry out a thorough psychological and medical evaluation. Upon diagnosis, the best treatment options are prescribed. Some of these treatments include, but are not limited to:
- Sex Therapy: Sex therapy treats the physical and psychological sexual problems of individuals.
Sex therapists help partners discuss sex with each other.
They are aware of the fact that most people feel anxious discussing this issue with friends or close relatives.
The sex therapist creates a comfortable environment and sets the couple at ease while guiding them towards discussing their sexual problems.
- Hormone Therapy: If you are a woman facing premenopausal symptoms, you should get topical estrogen treatment.
Topical estrogen creams and suppositories reduce the thinning and drying of the lining of the vagina and promote lubrication during sexual intimacy.
- EROS Clitoral Therapy Device: This is a small handheld device that helps to improve sexual response in women by increasing the flow of blood towards the clitoris and external genitalia.
This device contains a small, soft plastic cap, which is placed over the clitoris. When the device is turned on, a gentle vacuum is created which forces the blood flow to the genitalia, causing the clitoris to become engorged. This in turn creates vaginal lubrication and increases the ability to achieve orgasm.
- Vibrator Therapy: A vibrator is a toy that helps to generate vibrations in women’s genital areas in order to stimulate sexual feelings.
There are numerous nerve endings in the pelvic region.
The vibrations produced by the vibrator continue to trigger these nerve endings to produce a wave of sensation.
- Sexual Lubricants For Women: Vaginal dryness is one of the symptoms that drastically reduces sexual arousal in women.
It is caused by a reduction in estrogen levels. There are many sexual lubricants on the market that are composed of female hormones.
These are applied to the vaginal opening to lubricate and rehydrate the vaginal tissues. HerSolution’s lubricants work effectively well to enhance women’s sexual response.
- Herbal Treatments: There are some herbal supplements that are packed with highly effective potent herbs and other natural ingredients that can boost a woman’s sex drive. Such natural supplements are very popular among women since they help rekindle the desire to have sex as well as cause arousal to allow women enjoy the physical side of love.
You can find several such herbal supplements to treat female sexuality arousal defects. These are clinically recommended and endorsed by doctors.
They do not cause any side effects or interfere with any other medicines that you might be taking such as birth control pills.
Female sexual arousal disorder is the most common health condition affecting women.
Although common, it requires an effective treatment that can trigger sexual stimulation. One such recommended treatment is the use of herbal supplements.
The best sexual arousal supplement can safely address the issues of lack of libido
. Go for the natural ones and experience passionate results in just a few weeks.
Please follow and like us: